Julie Brewer is an experienced, qualified and fully insured fairy dogmother! She owns AB FAB DOGS but now lives on the Isle of Wight, with Steph Berry managing Day Care with 6 other great dog handlers, so here’s more about us…
- Steph Berry manages the day to day bookings and running of Abfabdogs. She is a very experienced Dog Trainer in primarily Dog Obedience, Behaviour and Agility with Collies of her own, Cody and Rievalux. Steph is also available for 121 training and Puppy/Beginner Classes.
- Ruth Phillips runs a pet transport service into Day Care for approx. 8am pick up and 5.30pm drop off (£10 return) as tends to work late afternoons at Day Care. Ruth is an Animal Behaviour and Welfare graduate with a 2:2 honours degree and when not working with us, is available for Dog Walking and Pet Sitting locally for Day Care clients and in the East Grinstead and surrounding areas for her private clients under “Walkies with Ruth”.
- Sydnie Enticknap is also available for Pet Sitting Day Care dogs. She is an accomplished dog handler with an Extended Diploma in Animal Management (Distinction) and studied a Foundation Degree in Animal Science while gaining experience in all aspects of dog care and welfare. Sydnie has gun dog trained her Cocker Spaniel Theo to a high level and also takes excellent pet photographs.
- Nicki Menham is also our highly qualified level 3 Dog Groomer and studying for her Grooming Diploma. She has a Terrier, Poppy and Choc Labrador Hollie. Nicki has helped foster Raystede Rescue dogs in the past!
- Emma Wilkins works all sorts of shifts, previously working in another local Dog Day Care and came highly recommended. Emma is a friendly, familiar face to those dogs that moved over to us too and makes the settling in process a great, fun experience!
- Katie Wright has had dogs all her life, worked at kennels and more recently with Pets Corner for 14 years. Katie has also worked with horses in various disciplines since leaving school, including stunt horses and the original black beauty (real name Fury)!
- Nina Petanic loves all animals! She works mostly mornings and has plans to open her home to Dog Boarding in the future once time allows. We have two Pocket Rockets, Nina being the human one!
All staff bring a huge amount of dog handling and care experience and complement each other, reviewing how we work with each and every dog to make their time with us, the best it can be!
“We look forward to using our experience to help prolong a happy and healthy life for all our loyal furry friends.” Julie
About Julie Brewer
Raised on a farm with animals and pets, including horses. We had lots of dogs (mostly rescue) and cats that needed nursing in their later years. I miss them all and have learnt so much from them and other dogs along the way!
We presently have Jonson, our aging fox-red lab and new labxGR Tetley, both adopted from Canine Partners after the life as an assistance dog did not suit them.
You learn so much at every encounter with a pet or rescue dog, training classes and workshops, watching at shows and mixing with other dog people; learning from mistakes and working through any issues. As well as practical experience, I have over 40 dog books to aid canine study and DVD’s in a wide range of subjects that will be part of our library at ABFABDOGS.
My husband and I have long term plans to develop “Dog Friendly Holidays” along with Day Care over time. Feel free to suggest a dog related service you would like to utilise locally to add to our facilities.
Qualifications & Dog Training Courses
- Diplomas in Canine Behaviour & Psychology and Canine Anatomy & Physiology
- Dr Ian Dunbar – Science Based Dog Training (with feeling)
- Jan Fennell “The Dog Listener” – Foundation Course in Canine Communication
- First Aid for Dogs, TTouch for reactive dogs and various Obedience classes, private 1:1, Agility and Gun Dog Training classes.
Puppy Stars Trainer & Galen Therapy Canine Massage Course
National Associates of Registered Pet Sitters, Institute of Animal Care Education (since 2006)